Healthwatch South Gloucestershire is your health and social care champion. If you use GPs and hospitals, dentists, pharmacies, care homes or other support services, we want to hear about your experiences. We have the power to make sure NHS leaders and other decision makers listen to your feedback and improve standards of care. We also help people find reliable and trustworthy information and advice.
Who we are
- Share your feedback with NHS leaders and other care providers, to let them know what’s working well and what needs improving.
- Make recommendations about how health and social care services could or should be improved.
- Make sure NHS leaders and other care providers listen to what you have to say.
- Report issues to organisations such as the Integrated Care System, the Care Quality Commission, and the local Health and Wellbeing Board.
- Give you information and advice about accessing health and social care services, and the options available in your area.
- Help you get the best out of health and social care services.
How we work
We are here to listen to what you like about services and what you think could be improved. No matter how big or small the issue, we want to hear about it.
Transforming the health visiting service after COVID-19
New mothers told us that there were issues with the transition from maternity care in hospital to the health visiting service in the community. We’ve worked with the local provider of the service to improve standards of care.
Here is a link to our report on the matter: https://www.healthwatchsouthglos.co.uk/response/2023-07-11/transforming-health-visiting-service-after-covid-19
Call: 01454 506176 (9am – 5pm Monday to Thursday). Outside of these these hours, please leave a message with your contact details and we will get back to you within 5 working days.