The CVS staff team and our network of Associates provide support to help local voluntary, community and social enterprise groups and organisations across South Gloucestershire grow and evolve. To access this range of services you will need to be a member of CVS South Gloucestershire. But it’s straightforward to join.
We bring together a wide base of skills, expertise and specialisms, allowing us to create an innovative way of working and provide tailored, specialist support. We provide our standard support services listed below, and our Associates can provide a whole range of other services to suit the particular needs of your group or organisation.
We can help and support your organisation to secure a sustainable financial future through
- Need to fundraise for the first time and not sure where to start?
- Looking to apply to a major funder for the first time? We can support or help write your funding application.
- Not sure which funders to prioritise or what to ask for first? We could assist in developing a funding strategy, prioritising your funding bids and funders
CVS has been working since its beginning to build a co-ordinated support service offer in South Gloucestershire for voluntary, community and social enterprise groups and organisations to form, to evolve and to grow.
We offer the following experience and expertise:
- Community consultation
- Measuring and demonstrating impact
- Sustainable Funding and income diversity, including fundraising help
- Developing policies and procedures
- Recruiting, managing and maintaining a high quality experience for your volunteers
- Developing effective and successful partnerships and collaborations
- Working with the private sector to maximise in-kind support and developing effective long term relationships
Trustees and Management Committees collectively hold the legal responsibility for their Charity, group or organisation.
However large or small your organisation, we can tailor-make the information, support and training package that will help you to build strong effective governance for your organisation.
The Essential Trustee Guide. This is a really useful guidance document for all Charity Trustees in England and Wales. It explains what the regulator expects of trustees and outlines their responsibilities, and is for trustees to understand their key legal duties and avoid many of the basic errors that often lead to serious problems.
Trustees and Management Committees need up to date financial reports to make sure that they can steer the Charity or Group legally and effectively.
We can help you feel confident about your organisations finances and make sure you have the financial controls in place appropriate for your turn over.
We can support you in:
- Reviewing financial management systems
- Advising on best system for your organisation
- Developing a full cost recovery budget
- Training and support for staff and trustees on financial management and reporting
Being a Manager, Chief Executive or Chair of a Management Committee or a Board of Trustees can sometimes be a lonely role.
We can provide a supportive peer to peer service that aims to help you to share problems and concerns and identify solutions in a confidential space outside of your organisation structures.
This service can be provided either for the Chair and Manager separately or together to help build stronger relationships.
Our services aim to help you to grow and develop your organisation but we understand that sometimes things can go wrong and usually very quickly.
We offer a crisis support service. If you need support, please do contact us, we are here to help. We aim to respond as quickly as possible.
As with all our services this is a confidential service.